Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- So,first up before proceeding to update, you need to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
- Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
- Ensure that you have kept original USB cable handy which you have got with your Galaxy SL I9003 and also the Galaxy SL I9003 device,
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum, Anything less than 50% of battery is not recommended to go ahead with as its dangerous to proceed.
- Ensure that your computer/laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Window s 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Galaxy SL I9003 users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those just follow the given instructions which are mentioned below and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those w hose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
- Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING your device. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware.
- Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firew alls, antivirus if any.
- Download firmware from sammobile.com or samfirmware.com. If downloaded firmware contain 4 files like Boot, CODE, Modem, CSC
then follow procedure from 1 otherwise go to step 4.
- Connect phone via USB cable after going in download mode to Computer.
[The download mode can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.]
- Now , as soon as you get into the download mode, you will have to connect the Galaxy SL I9003 to the computer with the help of USB cable w hile Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as show n below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as show n the below snapshot and after that you will have to add the files respectively as shown below ,
PIT – latona_20110114.pit,
Phone – MODEM_I9003XXKPE_REV_00_CL1041909.tar.md5,
CSC – GT-I9003-CSC-MULTI-OXAKPE.tar.md5
- Check that Re-partition option is checked.
- If it contain only one tar file then give path to PDA in odin flash tool.
- Click on start.
- Phone will restart after firmware upgrade.If phone doesnt start and goes on loop mode at samsung logo then open phone recovery mode[The recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.] and clear cache partition and wipe all data.